All About Tekken 5
“I’m here now, I’m doing the best I can”, this are the opening lines of intro song of The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5. Harada has done the best he can in any Tekken edition. Launched for PlayStation 2 and various other gaming consoles, Tekken 5 has been rated 9.5 by IGN. Technologically very advance, Tekken 5 runs at 60 frames per second. With number of new characters entering in this edition, this fighting game has many special features, one of which is the ranking system and the character customization. The top most rank given to any player is “Tekken Lord” which is followed by “Deity” and “Conqueror”. Game tells about the turmoil of Mishima Zaibatsu with Jacks killing Heihachi Mishima. Main boss of the game is Jinpachi Mishima the father of Heihachi Mishima. Graphics has been enhanced, blood bars have been increased and characters are equipped with multiple new moves.
1) King and Craig Marduk are the only characters that can grapple the opponent in mid-air.
2) Julia Chang, King, Craig Marduk, Jack 5, Christie Monteiro and Eddy Gordo are the only characters that can grapple the opponent while the opponent is crouching.
3) Ling Xiaoyua, Jin Kazama, Christie Monteiro, Ganryu, Lee Chawla, Marshal Law, Anna Williams, Yoshimitsu and Raven have special costume, each costing 500,000 G; where Eddy Gordo comes as the special costume of Christie Monteiro.
4) Minimum fight money earned after each arcade battle is 800G.
5) Heihachi Mishima, Paul Phoenix, Asuka Kazama, Anna Williams, Nina Williams, Deviljin, Craig Marduk and Wang Jinrei are the only characters that can give reversal to Yoshimitsu’s “Sword Stab”.
6) Deviljin is the last character to open in the line-up.
7) King has the most number of moves (total of 169) while Wang Jinrei (total of 58) has the minimum number of moves in the entire character line-up.
8) Jack 5 is the only character who can take 100% of the enemies’ blood in a single move in an arcade battle.
1) King and Marduk can’t grapple the opponent from head-side if he/she is in mid-air. They can only grapple from their leg. This problem still remain same in Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as well.
2) Although Deviljin’s “Helfire Blast” can be missed by crouching, but Jin’s “power stance” and Heihachi’s “Heaven’s Wrath” can be used smartly to deviate it.
3) King can only give reversal to enemies’ right punch, while no one can give reversal to Jin’s “Avenger” and Steve’s “Hellfire” although they are hitted by right hand.
4) No character can grapple the enemy from enemies’ back, if the enemy is crouching. This problem remains unresolved.
5) If you don’t know the ABCD of Tekken, Heihachi’s “Hammer Punch to Iron hand” only can make you win every arcade battle even in ultra-hard mode. That’s what you’ll notice while playing with Heihachi Mishima in arcade battle against CPU. The opponent will be get hurt by this move only, 9 out of 10 times you tried; no matter the opponent is a Tekken Lord or a Deity.
6) You will never notice a reversal or chicken even in ultra-hard mode while playing against CPU.
7) Although Ogre is not present in Tekken 5, but his moves are well distributed among the characters present in Tekken 5. Asuka’s “Dragon Wheel kick Demon Slayer”, Wang’s “Dragon Power Punch” and “Medium Power Punch”, Beak’s “Snake kick/rocket” and Lee’s “Infinite Kick Chain” are the moves which Ogre had in Tekken 3 and Tag.
8) King’s “Arm Whip” (b+1+3) cannot be chickened.
9) Feng’s b+1 is the quickest move by any character in Tekken 5
Myths and Facts:
a) Kazuya Mishima, Asuka Kazama, Bryan Fury and Steve fox are overpowered in Tekken 5!
Characters of Tekken 5 are well balanced; Only “Steve Fox and NINA Williams are overpowered, for which they released Tekken 5.1!
b) Deviljin opens as a playable character only after completing story battle by entire Mishima family.
Nothing like that, Deviljin can also be opened after playing 50 versus battle if he’s the only character remaining to be open. He is the last character that opens in Tekken 5 when you are about to complete story battle by almost every other character.
c) Jinpachi Mishima opens as playable character after playing 100 arcade battles in the character slot just below Deviljin!
Answer is simply NO. Jinpachi Mishima is not available as a playable character in Tekken 5. Design of such a character as playable will lead to character unbalancing in Tekken 5. Entire Tekken team is very concerned that characters are well balanced. Jinpachi Mishima is so overpowered, that his presence in playable character line-up will make him the winner of one sided battle each time. You can unlock Jinpachi Mishima in Tekken 5 only through a cheat device or a cheat code in case of PC. But unlocking him will spoil the charm of the game.
d) Tekken 5 cannot be played on PC, or cannot be played at full speed on PC.
Tekken 5 can well be played on a PC at full speed with the help of PCX2 emulator by enabling the speed hacks. The minimum system Requirements are:
2Gb of DDR3 RAM, Intel® Core™ i3 processor, 1GB of Nvidia GeForce or ATI Radeon, 1.6Mb Cache and a Keyboard.
4Gb of DDR3 RAM; rest all configuration remains same.
Challenge for You:
1) Beat the time of completing Time-Attack with respected characters.
(Submit a link of your Snap-Shot of any record you make; We will publish it with your name)
Noctis Overview Tekken 7
Noctis is out for quite some time as the third DLC character for Tekken 7.Read More
Keyboard Settings to Play Tekken 7
Tekken 7 is the first chapter in the ‘King of Iron fist tournament’ i.e.Read More