All About Porsche 918 SPYDER
Porsche 918 Spyder is a supercar that is introduced in a lineage to motor racing technology, complemented with maximum performance, minimum consumption and keeping the utility factor in mind. It was initially introduced at the 80th Geneva Motor Show in 2010 and after all the testing and tribulation, the production version was shown at Frankfurt Motor Show 2013.It is a limited edition car with starting price of US$845,000.
The 918 Spyder is a mid-engine plug-in hybrid sports car designed by Michael Mauer (Porsche). The car is powered by a 4.6 liter V8 engine, constructed on the architecture similar to the one utilized in the RS Spyder Le Mans Prototype racing car. The weight of the engine is 135kg which delivers 608 horsepower (453 kW), pertaining with two electric motors delivering an additional 279 horsepower (208 kW). The 918 Spyder’s 6.8 “KWh” “Lithium-ion battery” lithium-ion battery pack delivers an All-electric range” all-electric range of 12 mi (19 km) under EPA’s five-cycle tests, having brilliant speed of approximately 345km/h.
The carbon-fiber reinforced plastics (CFRP) monocoque that is interlocked with a CFRP unit carrier provides great stability and makes it lightweight too. The two-piece Targa top roofline provides the consumer with the immense pleasure of open air while driving. In order to enhance the driving experience, the interior is very well crafted with black- and- silver color combination and green colored piping on the door panels. The 3-spoke steering wheel, leather sport seats completes the interior. Overall the interior is unique as well as mild maintaining the quality. The audio system features a Burmester -11 system; the car also let the user connect with 918 hybrid system remotely. Along with all this, the luggage space of up to 110 liters (3.8 cubic-feet) is also provided.
The estimated fuel economy rating of 3.3L per 100 km (85 mpg) rating and 79 g/km CO2 emission rating makes it a perfect package of power, speed, fuel economy and low emissions.
Attractive features of Porsche 918 Spyder:
1) 608 HP 4.6L V8 engine coupled with a set of electronic motors that produces 129hp/156hp to the front/rear wheels respectively.
2) All new “sport” mode in particular is designed to keep the car planted on the track in the tightest of turns.
3) Standard 240V outlet can be used to charge 918 Spyder in about two hours.
4) Controlled exhaust to reduce back-pressure
5) The futuristic chassis comes with rear-axle steering and incorporates a lift system to raise its front wheel, if required.
6) Multi-function steering wheel designed to ensure that the driver’s hands never leave the wheel.
All About Koenigsegg One:1
Price: Not yet available This monster stunned everyone in the 2014 Geneva Motor Show.Read More
All About BMW 7 series
BMW has just uncovered the 2015 BMW 7-series Individual Final Edition with anRead More