Play NFS: MW on LAN via HotSpot on Windows 10
It has been more than a decade since the last Need For Speed came on LAN, and we still receive searches on “How to play NFS: MW on Lan across various platforms”. So, today I am going to tell you how to play NFS: Most Wanted on LAN on Windows 10 via wif-fi/tethering HotSpot.
- You need to have Windows 10 laptop/laptops.
- A smartphone (android is preferable).
- Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2005 PC game.
So, here are the steps (every step is very important) which you need to follow to play Need For Speed: Most wanted 2005 on LAN on Windows 10 laptop. Do not forget to read “Important Notes” at the end of the article.
Step 1: Create a Hotspot from your smartphone and connect your Windows 10 laptops to it.
Step 2: Open “Network and Sharing Center” on your laptops (all the laptops which are connected to hotspot) and go to “Change Advance Sharing Settings” on left.
Step 3: Under “Advance Sharing Settings”, click on “All networks” and there:
- Click on “Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in Public folders”
- Click on “Choose media streaming options” and turn on media streaming. Under “Media Streaming Options” select “All Networks” in “show devices” option.
- Click on “ok”
Step 4: Now right click on speed.exe (the game launcher file) and make the following changes:
- Under “Compatibility”, under “Compatibility mode” click on “Run this program in compatibility mode for “and select “Windows XP (Service pack 2)” or Windows XP (Service Pack 3)”.
- Click on “Apply” and then “OK”.
Step 5: Now run speed.exe as an administrator
Step 6: Go to LAN Play and create game. You can create a circuit, sprint or a drag race.
Step 7: Press “ALT+TAB” or “ALT+ESC”, and click on “Allow access” under the “Windows Security Alert Window”, thereby checking both the boxes (Public Networks and Private Networks).
Step 8: Ask your friends to join your game who r connected to same Hotspot.
Enjoy the Game
Enjoy the most exciting LAN races from our channel. All the matches were played on Windows 10 Laptop. Do not forget to subscribe our YouTube Channel.
- Make sure none of the laptops are running on “Power Saver” or “Battery Saver” mode, otherwise the game will lag. “High Performance” mode is preferable for LAN play.
- It is advisable to turn off the mobile data of your smartphone from which you’ve created the hotspot.
- Once you’ve finished “Step 4”, click on networks and make sure the names of other laptops connected to same HotSpot are visible there.
- Disable the soundtrack (or the background music) to avoid any kind of lag during LAN play. We noticed a slight lag during LAN play each time when the soundtrack changes.
- This article also helps to play NFS: MW on LAN on Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 as well.
- Check out the Special report on Need For Speed: MostWanted at Special report on Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2005
All About GODS Of Gaming Tournament 2018
It looks like the return of WCG (World Cyber Games) is not the onlyRead More
Keyboard Settings to Play Tekken 7
Tekken 7 is the first chapter in the ‘King of Iron fist tournament’ i.e.Read More