All About Xiaomi Mi3
Launched date: 7/Sep/2014
Xiamoi Mi3 is the smartphone introduced in India by brand Xiaomi, widely recognized as the “Apple of China”. The reason it is creating ripples in the smartphone world are quite obvious with such technical specifications and performance of the device at a reasonable price of just INR 13,999. And, this is quite evident from the kind of sales and demand the product possess in so less time since its first stock was swiped in just 40 minutes and around 1 lakh customers has already placed the order. It seems to be the next best budget smartphone after Moto G in this price slot.
The built and design of Xiaomi is also class apart. The back panel of the phone is made up of aluminum magnesium chassis complemented with sharp corners and metallic finish. Aluminium magnesium chassis successfully made the back panel devoid of any scratches even in unfavourable situations but handling the phone may be an issue due to its slippery and unreliable body.
Focusing on its specifications, it has 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 800 Quad core processor with 2GB RAM which is a treat to its customers in this price range. This is something only Sony Xperia Z1 and LG G2 type smartphones had in them until now. For a better gaming experience, Adreno 330 GPU is provided so that games like Death Trigger 2 and Asphault 8 can be played without any qualms. Xiaomi Mi3 operates on android 4.3 jelly bean and can be upgraded to android 4.4.2 Kitkat. Xaiomi Mi3 works on its own in-house user interface known as Mi Ui, which delights the user by providing bright color schemes and different themes.
For fulfilling the photography fetish of users, it has 13 Megapixel Rear Camera with Auto focus and dual LED Flash which can also record full HD videos. The presence of Exmor sensor promises to give better picture quality in different light conditions. It also has 5-inch IPS display with corning gorilla glass 3 which is considered good for safety purpose and also enhances the overall touch experience.
According to the company, it has battery of 3050 mAh which will provide you a talktime of 25 hrs and 21 hrs of 3G internet surfing but some tests revealed an entire different story, claiming that the battery backup is just of 12 hrs. It has 16 GB non-expandable internal storage. It provides 3G, Wi-Fi and NFC technology for better connectivity. It also has an inbuilt app of QR Code Scanner, so there is no need to download it separately.
Features of Xiaomi Mi3:
- 5-inch IPS Display with Corning Gorilla glass 3.
- 2.3 Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Quad core processor.
- 13 Megapixel Rear Camera with Auto focus and dual LED Flash
- Full HD video recording @30 fps and with Xmor Sensor.
- 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage
- Operating system Android 4.4.2 kit Kat version.
- GPS Navigation, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot, NFC technology.
- Device heats up easily and freezes.
- Often drops too many calls.
- Slippery body makes it difficult to handle.
- No external memory card slot.
- Screen is somewhat like a fingerprint magnet which is not that impressive.
- Edges are very sharp can’t be used for long hours.
CONS (regarding Indian users):
- User manual is completely in Chinese not even in English.
- Charging adapter with Flat panel pins, so Indian users have to buy a new separate charging adapter for it.
- Availability issue, a torture for consumers as it is only available on flipkart.
All About Moto G5 series
With the rumors already doing the rounds for the launch of Moto G5Read More
All About Apple iphone 6
Price: Rs. 79,999/- (iphone 6 silver 16GB) Apple is finally making a comeback withRead More